PRolong the life of your Septic system.Septic System Maintenance
To prolong the life of your septic system and ensure it functions properly, please review our tips. If you do need repairs, we service Rock Hill, Chester, Lancaster, and surrounding areas of South Carolina. Call DLC Septic Systems. We’ll be there as quickly as possible to take care of the problem.
Tips for Maintaining Your Septic System
- Keep roots from invading your drain lines. Keep an eye on larger trees growing near your septic system.
- Keep your drain field free of over hanging branches that block sunlight. Sunlight will help keep the drain field dry.
- Do not drive or park over your septic system. This could collapse your septic tank or your drain lines.
- Installing a Riser Kit is highly recommended. This provides easy access and reduces the cost of maintenance.
- Have your septic system inspected every 3 – 5 years.
- Do not pour grease down your drains as it can congeal and cause obstructions.
- Do not use chemical compounds or enzymes in your tank.
- Do not use large amounts of soap, laundry detergent, or full-strength bleach.
- Please use only flushable wipes.
- Monitor landscaping chemicals that can be harmful to your septic system.
Symptoms of Septic Failure
If you experience any of these symptoms, call us immediately. We can help.
- Slow drainage in your house or gurgling in your drains.
- A strong odor around the septic tank or drainfield.
- Bright green, spongy grass appearing on the drainfield.
Get In Touch
Contact us for septic tank pumping and services today.